NEW TECHNIQUES FOR RESULTS-ORIENTED COMMUNICATION
In today’s competitive business world, effective communication skills training is more essential than ever before. It is the foundation on which companies & careers are built & a crucial component of lasting success. Whether it’s a face-to-face conversation or a professionally written e-mail/letter, a meaningful message entails establishing a connection that leaves a powerful impression. How well you communicate can make or break your professional image. It’s also about being diplomatic, tactful & credible.
Are there certain people you cannot seem to communicate with at work? And what happens in face-to-face interactions when you need to find the right words & communicate them in the right way?
You say one thing, they hear something different. You simply do not understand another & you cannot explain why. The only thing you are certain of is that the lack of connection leads to disappointment, frustration & conflict.
This unique course is designed to provide a strong foundation in essential communication skills – to develop a truly engaging & responsive communication style leading to positive results. It also allows you to learn why sometimes your communication is being misinterpreted & misunderstood. Learn how to ensure that future communications will be correctly understood, how to engage effectively with others through listening actively, tailoring your discussion to the audience, being aware of your body language, setting clear expectations & managing language barriers effectively.
Through hands on sessions, relevant activities, interesting games, engaging discussions, honest feedback & thought provoking role plays, you’ll be on your way to developing the confidence & communication know-how you need to establish yourself & keep moving ahead throughout your career. Learn to be a consistently professional communicator – even in difficult circumstances.
Communication Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Sensory Acuity
Communication Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Testimonial
Communication Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Testimonial
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Evaluate your communication style & perception – explore differences to leverage on others
- Elevate your communication skills to new levels, along with your self-confidence, motivation, productivity, performance & outcomes
- Use feedback strategies for clear & precise communication results
- Speak assertively & confidently
- Learn to listen carefully to build massive rapport
- Learn body language to turn frustrating situations into productive outcomes & rewarding relationships & use it to your advantage
- Be able to steer conversations & influence people
- Communicate clearly, appropriately & with greater positive impact
- Learn how NLP skills can help you to choose the “right” words, better assimilate verbal information, communicate clearly & effectively interpret what you hear to reduce misunderstandings
- Use actionable strategies & skills to address most business communications
- Master the critical art of buy-in by learning “Persuasion Cycle” & building deep rapport
All business professionals & corporate staff from all the different departments who want
- to master the skills to communicate in a positive, professional manner no matter what the situation
- to build the communication skills that encourage dialogue throughout the organization & among different departments & levels
- to enhance their verbal & non verbal communication & listening skills
1. ASSESS YOUR COMMUNICATION STYLE – STYLE DIFFERENCES
- Profile your communication through Colored Brain Communication Inventory (CBCI)
- Define your preferred communication style, strengths & limitations
- Improve on the skills you already possess
- Evaluate & speak your clients’ language
- Be aware to other people’s communication styles & how they like to be treated
- Assess your effectiveness & identify improvement areas
Assessment: Evaluating & Applying CBCI Scores
Role Play: CB Cards – Building A House On The Moon
Exercise: ‘World of Communication Map’
2. NLP COMMUNICATION MODEL & META PROGRAMS
- Understanding how perception can impact on your image & performance
- NLP thought process & how to understand other’s expectation
- How you process thoughts – deletion, distortion & generalization
- Why you do, communicate & make decisions the way you do
- Controlling your mental filters in communication
- NLP Communication Model & how people like to receive information
- Resourceful language pattern – producing clear & precise messages
- Using strategic words to avoid misunderstanding
Game: Map Out Your Meta Program & Those Around You (Map of the World)
Drama: Deletion, Distortion, Generalization
3. POWER-BOOST CONFIDENCE THROUGH BODY LANGUAGE
- Interpreting & responding to body language signals
- VAKs – Are you visual, auditory, kinesthetic?
- How to exude confidence from within yourself
- The power of eye contact to build rapport & improve business relationship
- Using gestures & facial expressions to read between the lines
- Create opportunities & impact during conversations by being in control of your body language
Demonstration & Hands On Session: Eye Accessing Cues, Sensory Acuity & Calibration. Observation Assignment: Body Scan
4. DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE & EMPHATIC LISTENING
- Why no one really listens
- Overcome the barriers & prejudices to effective listening Train your ears to hear people clearly (especially your customers)
- Sharpen your question skills to obtain information
- Train your verbal responding skills to suit the listener’s communication style
- Empathize to defuse emotionally charged situations
- Respond effectively to nonverbal cues
Role Play: Active & Reflective Listening Skills
Communication Game: Choudhury Maze
5. PREPARE TO WALK YOUR TALK & TARGETING YOUR MESSAGE
- Roadmap for clean, clear & concise communication
- Biggest mistakes in communication & communication breakdown
- Sort out your thoughts & checking for understanding
- Applying the Know-Feel-Do Model of communicating
- Audience analysis: crafting messages to address listeners’ needs, wants & priorities
- Positively impact the visual, verbal, vocal & non-verbal components
- Pick constructive dialogue & “Can Do” language to demonstrate support
- Send nonverbal signals that invite & encourage constructive dialog
- Use examples, analogies, metaphors & storytelling to increase impact
- Practice targeted questions to engage & connect with others
Group Activity: Storytelling with Imagery, Metaphors, Passion & Evocative Language (using a real work situation)
Challenge Activity: Crafting Messages That Speak To Listeners’ Hearts & Minds – Adapting Messages To Others’ Communication Style Preferences – Check For Understanding & Retention Of Message
Role Play: Choosing To Communicate Assertively
6. BEING A PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATOR & DEVELOP A MINDSET OF EXCELLENCE
- What makes a good & persuasive communicator?
- Using your core values to integrate good communication skills at work & in life
- Model the “secrets” of successful persuasive communicators
- The human belief system
- 6 NLP presuppositions – Perception is Projection & how to see ideas conflicts & ‘heated’ situations
- Self-awareness & consciousness to understand yourself deeper
7. THE ART OF INFLUENCE & PERSUASION
- How to build deep rapport successfully
- Strategies in building instant rapport
- The secrets of ‘matching’ & ‘mirroring’
- ‘Pacing’ & ‘Leading’ to close any deal
- Exploring the Persuasion Cycle & buy-in as a part of the cycle
- 9 core rules for getting through to anyone
- Master the techniques to make another person feel seen, understood & felt
Determine The Appropriate Strategy For A Given Business Situation
Drama: To Achieve Buy-In & “Get Through”
Role Play: Rapport Building To Enhance Your Influence
8. HYPNOTIC VOICE FOR BETTER INFLUENCE
- Develop a greater awareness of your unique voice
- Your expressive tone of voice
- The meaning of the voices
- Vocal variety that influences your listener & turn opportunities to business deal
9. CREATING A PERSONAL ACTION PLAN
- Great communicator’s secrets revealed
- Reflecting on areas for improvements
- Action Plan
The Communication Challenge: How Clear Are You?
Video Clips & Quiz: Testing Your 7Cs in Clear Communication
Exercise: ‘Completing World of Communication Map’
Accelerated Learning Technique based on the 4Ps: Preparation, Presentation, Practice, Performance
To make the training effective & thought provoking yet lively & entertaining, the trainer utilizes a combination of various training methodologies including a combination of expert input plus practical sessions including:
- Instructions, Group Discussions, Presentations, Video Films & Clips
- Brainstorming Sessions, Practical Hands On Sessions
- Demonstrations, Role Play, Games & Activities
- Creative Music, Visualization, Clearing Techniques
- NLP Tools, Notes & Hand Outs, Group & Individual Exercises
COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL & WORKBOOK – WE GO THE EXTRA MILE!
A practical, easy to read yet thorough set of notes for the participants. It is wonderfully & carefully written with relevant & humorous pictures. The manual also include relevant checklists, workable templates, guidelines, work sheets plus step by step procedures of all the techniques, strategies & tools taught in this course. It is definitely NOT a set of notes downloaded from the internet or a series of power point slides with just a few words or 2-3 sentences. It is finalized after years of research, painstaking revisions & thorough checking for accuracies. It is content-rich but summarized for easy reading & follow through. This Is Rachel Khor’s Special Gift To The Participants As A Fantastic Takeaway After The Training.
RACHEL KHOR – Creative, Dynamic, Inspiring, Charismatic, Versatile
- Certified Master Performance Coach (ICF Approved – International Coach Federation)
- From DC Psychology International & American Institute of Business Psychology
- Certification in Colored Brain Communication
- Certification in Human Drivers & Motivation
- Certification in Dynamic Speaking
- Certification in Curriculum Development
- Certified Trainer in Emotional Quotient
- Trained with Master Cheng Hung Yeh in Truth of Emotions Through Movements, Energy Dance (Body, Mind & Soul), Language Communication
- Certified Professional Facilitator
- Certified Trainer PSMB (Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia)
- Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
She is currently the Principal Trainer & Chief Learning Strategist with Peak Success Abundance Sdn Bhd as well as an experienced entrepreneur and businesswoman.
Rachel Khor is also a Master Trainer in Emotional Intelligence & Emotional Drivers, Success Tools & Colored Brain, Creativity & Thinking Outside The Box, Problem Solving Skills, Master Your Mind, Communication, Negotiation, Peak Performance, Goal Setting, Positive Work Attitude, Leadership & Sales Warriors.
She has also undertaken training, consultancy & facilitation projects with various companies, both private and public sectors. She is a sought after Learning & Development Strategist, People Developer, Trainer, Coach & Mentor.
Her training & coaching incorporate effective evaluation methods, powerful techniques of varied disciplines and practical tools for all her learning solutions.
Driven by a passion for delivering awesomeness, she ensures she execute cutting edge learning technologies, share highly relevant knowledge, provide critical & up to date information, deliver time tested methodologies and conduct interactive sessions – all are formulated to achieve results like never before.
Her determination and speed in producing training solutions is one of the key reasons our clients and customers keep coming back to her over and over again. Her research, knowledge & experience made Rachel Khor in the front line within her profession.
She loves people development – during her high impact training sessions she is dynamic, dedicated & results driven. She utilizes Accelerated Training methodologies to inspire change and fast results. She trains with her personal brand of positivity, charisma, creativity & focus which greatly motivates her participants to achieve greater heights of achievement & accomplishment.
Participants have described her sessions as inspiring, thought provoking, energetic, highly interactive and easy to understand.
During her sessions, her ability to be neutral, non-judgmental, supporting the group and upholding its wisdom has allowed her to effectively extract participation in a magical way.
Based on the belief that every individual has a core genius and the ability to soar given the right opportunities; Rachel’s training methodology breaks limiting beliefs, overcomes obstacles & cultivates trust across cultures.
Rachel is an extremely dynamic, knowledgeable and versatile trainer who has excellent communication skills and easily develop fantastic rapport with her participants. Due to this she always receives rave reviews and excellent ratings.
She achieves this by ensuring her training is relevant, result oriented, solution based – made fresh with new ideas, strategies and techniques.
Clients From Rachel’s Inhouse & Public Training Include…
OIL & GAS
Petronas Holdings, Petronas Dagangan, Petronas Carigali, Petronas Penapisan, Petco, BP Amoco, Shell
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank Negara Malaysia, Kementerian Kewangan, Securities Commission, Ambank Unit Trust, UOB Bank, HSBC, EON Bank, Exim Bank, ADFIM, MBF Cards, Danajamin, Pan Malaysia Pools
MAA Assurance, Malaysian Reinsurance, Tokio Marine Insurans, ACE Insurance, Aneka Insurance, Malaysian Institue of Insurance
AIC Semiconductor, Agilent, Ansell, Bristol Industries, Cam Precision, Camcar Textron, Compaq, Continental Sime Tyre, Dell, Emhart Glass, Formosa Prosonic, Kotak, Infineon, Impressive Edge, Jasa Kita, Kanzen, Merck, Mimos, MRCB Bhd, Selangor Industrial Corporation, Samsung, Sara Lee, Munchy’s, Scenic Moulding Bhd, Kossan Rubber, Cameroon, LG Aluminium, Royal Selangor International, Sharp Roxy, SIRIM, Tencate, Takeuzi, Texchem, Totokiki, Toshiba, Watta Battery, Niro Ceramic, White Horse Ceramic, V Source, WPG International
PORTS, AIRPORTS, UTILITUIES & TELECOMMUNICATION
Malaysian Airport, MAS, KLAS Airport Services, Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Westport, Johor Port, TNB, Telekom, Maxis
Sunrise, SP Setia, Selangor Dredging, Worldwide Holdings, Global Bond, ERF, TPPT, IOI Group
Genting Group, Hotel Equatorial, Hotel Puteri Pacific, Eastin Hotel, Saujana Resort Genting Group
Subang Medical Centre, Ampang Puteri Hospital
ASSOCIATIONS & CLUBS
Malaysian Export Academy/Exporters Club, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM), UEM Academy, Naza Academy, Vistage Malaysia (CEOs Club)
Open University, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Malaya
Ministry of Finance, Minsitry of Health, Minsitry of Agriculture, Perancangan Bandar & Desa, DBKL, Permodalan Nasional Berhad
1. THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX – Joanne Yew, Executive, Danajamin Nasional Bhd
“Rachel is a most creative, dynamic & charismatic trainer with lots of new, fresh ideas. She has incredible rapport with us”
2. EFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT – Azizi Bin Doraman, Supervisor, Petronas Chemicals Marketing Labuan
“Rachel clearly demonstrate the techniques & how the results can be achieved. I will definitely practice her techniques once back at the office”
3. INTERPERSONAL & PEOPLE SKILLS – Widyawati Mohd Nor, Executive, Fibrecomm Network (M) Sdn Bhd
“This training has helped me tremendously on a personal & professional capacity. What respect about Rachel is her caring attitude where she takes the time & trouble to stay back after the seminar to advise & provide further guidance”
4. 10 KEY TOOLS FOR WORK SUCCESS – Siti Kasmah, Executive Secretary, Sarawak Shell Berhad
“What I learn the most is how you adjust yourself & get along with people. Highly recommended!. Worth to share. Be positive – all the good things will be on your side”
5. EQ AT THE WORKPLACE – Mohammad Zaki Bin Musa, Supervisor, Petco Trading Labuan Company Ltd
“What I like about Rachel is her ability to make a complicated concept or techniques so easy to understand & follow. She mixes no nonsense pragmatic & practical ideas & tools with creative & mind power techniques. This is simply awesome!”
6. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Oon Gaik Chiou, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Rachel is a great trainer. I’m grateful for her sharing, training & guidance. If I’m given another opportunity to attend her training again, I would love to”
7. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Ting Wei Ing, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Excellent & fantastic trainer! Shared her real life experiences with us. Taught us practically & relate to our jobs. Very professional. Well Done!”
8. CREATIVITY, LATERAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS – Amir Rashid, Training Manager/Norashikin Idris, Training Executive, KLAS Airport Services
“Rachel conducted 2 inhouse workshops on the above topic. The participants gave her excellent rating. They found her training useful, practical, interactive & easy to understand”