This intensive & practical course is designed for the non financial directors, managers & executives who want a better understanding of the most important tools & techniques of financial analysis & management in order to help them make more profitable decisions.
Be able to interpret and analyze financial statements, set economic value added financial targets, understand factors that drive profitability and share price, answer with confidence the questions posed by shareholders in the annual general meeting.
Certification by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Graduates Your Colleagues
Certification by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – With Thanks
Congratulations on Completing the Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE
- To enable participants to understand thoroughly and to interpret with intelligence the financial statements presented at the Board of Directors meeting
- To enable participants to be able to deliberate financial performance and to set financial targets with foresight and confidence
- To enable participants to be able to answer with confidence and intelligence the questions raise by the shareholders on financial issues at the Annual General Meeting
- To understand the concept of Economic Value Added as performance criteria and as targets for performance linked reward package
- To understand the pitfalls and limitations of financial analysis and how to overcome them with the use of Balance Scorecards Grasp fundamental financial issues in business
- Understand & prepare budgets in line with corporate objectives
- Use financial tools
- Size up your competitor’s financial health
- Measure profit margin for effective decision making
Entrepreneurs, Managing Directors, Directors, General Managers, Marketing & Sales Managers, Business Development Managers, Production Managers, Human Resources Managers
1. UNVEILING THE MYSTERY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- The importance of understanding the Financial Statements
- Simple accounting jargons and principles
- Business entity
- Original accounting transactions, source documents and how accounting statements are prepared from these documents
- An actual exercise of preparing financial statements
2. THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- The users and their objectives of using financial statements
- What is financial analysis
- Interpreting and understanding of financial analysis
- Analyzing business solvency and liquidity
- Analyzing business gearing and debt equity structure
- Analyzing the speed of business turnover
- Analyzing the earning capacity and the quality of earning
- Analyzing business growth ability
3. TO SUMMARIZE AND ARRIVE AT THE OVERALL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS USING THE DU PONT CHART
- Meaning of Return on Capital Employed (ROCE)
- Meaning of Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Relationship between ROCE and WACC
4. A CASE STUDY ON FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
5. THE MEANING AND IMPORTANCE OF ECONOMIC VALUE ADDED (EVA)
- Is the person entrusted to manage the company creating value for or destroying value of the company?
- How to compute EVA?
- EVA, a better performance measuring and reward criteria
6. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- Driving long term share price appreciation
7. PITFALLS AND LIMITATIONS OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
8. THE USE OF BALANCE SCORECARDS TO OVERCOME THE LIMITATIONS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ANALYSIS
Expert input, stimulating discussions, practical exercises, thought provoking case studies, group presentations, revision of key points
JOANNA KOK YEE LAN
Joanna Kok Yee Lan is a certified PSMB Trainer & certified MIM Trainer. She is also a Certified Accountant. She has conducted many trainings on various areas & aspects of finance including topics on Finance For Non Financial Executives, Budget Planning & Control, Financial Planning & Control, Evaluating Financial Statements, Financial Analysis, Preparing Full Set Of Accounts.
Joanna who graduated as a certified accountant (FCCA) from United Kingdom, also has 8 years experience in audit, manufacturing & investment holding businesses. She has accumulated vast, hands-on working experiences in strategic, organizational analysis & planning. The role as Financial Controller has best utilized her managerial, operational experience & financial analysis skills. She stepped up the controls in the area of credit, inventory & business processes that had generated millions of cash inflow and cost savings to the businesses. Her 3 years experience in China of setting up the joint venture business has added her strengths on business & financial controlling skills.
Currently, Joanna is a freelance technical & training consultant. She speaks on MASB standards & accounting and audit issues regularly and extensively throughout Malaysia for both MIA (Malaysian Institute of Accountants), ACCA and CPA Australia. In addition, she also conducts technical in-house training on accounting issues for commercial companies and training institutions.
Her exposure & passion in people development enhance the quality of training & making each one of them unique and experiential. Her fun & energetic personality has made her training sessions practical, high learning spirit & performance orientated. Along with that she has completed the Train the Trainer Program conducted by PSMB & MIM.
Her assertiveness & resourcefulness has driven her venturing into training and consultancy fields. She has conducted many trainings on financial for non-finance executives, project management, inventory management & finance related topics. Her financial, analytical and controlling experiences have actually contributed greatly to making the training sessions very practical & performance orientated.
Her exposure & passion in people development enhance the quality of training and making each one of them unique and experiential.
Joanna always receives excellent ratings & comments from the participants she trained in. This is because she is able to take a complex subject like finance & accounting and is able to make it easy for participants to understand. She is able to make the training enjoyable, captivating & interesting while imparting her extensive knowledge on finance & financial matters. She uses lots of case examples, case studies, exercises, activities, group discussions & brainstorming sessions to make sure participants understand what is being taught.
Her Training Topics include:
- Finance Analysis & Planning
- Finance for Non Financial Executives
- Inventory Management
- Financial Wisdom in Interpreting KPIs
- Working Smart with Excel
- Effective Budget Planning & Control Using Excel
- Application of Microsoft Project
- Basic Project Management
- Credit Management
- Targeted Selection
Her List of Clientele includes:
- ASMC (MBA Program)
- Telekom Bhd
- Padibernas Nasional Bhd (Bernas)
- IBM China
- Logistik Konsortium Bhd
- PJ Bumi Bhd
- Sime Darby Bhd
- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd
- University of International Agama Malaysia
- Hualon Group
- Selangor Human Resource Development Centre (SHRDC)
- Syncoates Sdn Bhd
- Infineon Technologies (Kulim) Sdn Bhd
- Utusan Malaysia
David Lam (FCCA, CA) has 33 years of experience in mergers and acquisitions, business development and management. He is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), United Kingdom and Chartered Accountant (CA), Malaysia.
David’s professional background, accumulated experiences and track records will certainly enhance your personal and business value through his tailor made training courses.
Among the Major Experiences & Track Records are:
- Executive Director, China operations of a Public Listed Company (PLC) in Malaysia
- Chairman, deputy Chairman or director of 10 joint venture companies in China
- Executive Director, Mergers and Acquisitions of a PLC, Malaysia
- Executive Director, Malaysia Institute of Accountants
- Director of Marketing of a PLC in Malaysia
- Financial Controller of a Multi National Corporation
- Internal Auditor of a PLC Malaysia
- Audit senior in firms of Chartered Accountants in United Kingdom and Singapore
- President, Association of Credit Management, Malaysia
- Conducted some 100 public and in-house training seminars in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan and China
He conduct seminars in the following areas of expertise namely Financial Planning & Control, Finance for Non Financial Directors, Credit Management, Strategic Management, Strategic Thinking, Sun Tzu Art of War, Corporate Planning and Business Planning.
Throughout his illustrious career as Chartered Accountant, Investment Adviser, Management Strategist and Corporate Planner. He is well versed and teaches on Sun Tzu art of War besides the western concept of planning & strategizing. Due to his vast financial background and senior corporate experience David Lam is well poised to conduct a power packed, informative & highly valuable course for senior members of your company.
Some of the companies he has conducted training for include Acer, Aiwa, Aktif Lifestyle, AIA, Bank of America, Amanah Factors, Bank Pembangunan (Indonesia), Bank Central Asia (Indonesia), Casio, Corrugated Carton Products, Farlim Group Berhad, Parkson, Khind, Johnson & Johnson, Lam Soon, Kodak, Leisure Holidays, Jabil Circuit, Magnum, BNM, Astro, Bangkok Bank, Malaysia Tobacco Company, Malaysian Oxygen, Malaysia Transformer Manufacturing, Lysaght Galvanized Sheet, BASF, Alam Flora, Asea Brown Boveri, McCann Erickson, McDonald, MCSB, Metal Box, MAA, MAS, Matsushita, MBF Finance, Arab Malaysian Securities, Hwang & Yusoff Securities, Mayban Securities, BBMB Securities, MBF Finance, Canon, MISC, Celcom, Motorola, MDC, Behn Meyer, NEC, DHL, Nippion Paint, Dell, Courts Mammoth, DMIB, PB Securities, Seremban Securities, Affin Bank, ESSO, EON Bank, Ford, Petronas Group, Petro Vietnam, GE, Gillette, Philips, Glaxo, PLUS, Prosonic, Great Eastern Life, Hicom, Yamaha, HSBC, ICI, Inti College, RJ Reynolds, Royal Brunei, Shapadu, Hagemeyer, Public Finance, Summit, Sunway Lagoon, TA Securities, Tasek Cement, TimedotCom, etc.