INSPIRING & REWARDING
Successful organizations recognize that creative solutions & problem solving skills significantly enhance business results & business potential.
The easiest & fastest way for you to earn respect & credibility at the workplace is to be able to solve problems.
In these challenging times, you need to be the #1 solution provider in your company – to solve problems with confidence & clarity. This course has been specially structured to include interesting, workable, extraordinary techniques to enable you to break out of your comfort zones & think creatively.
The only difference between creative & uncreative people is self-perception. Creative people see themselves as creative & give themselves the freedom to create. Uncreative people do not think about creativity & do not give themselves the opportunity to create anything new.
Set aside the time needed to take a step back & allow yourself to think of a better way to do something. Another critical mindset change is to consider problems as opportunities for improvement. Whenever you solve a problem, you have a better product or service to offer afterwards.
The tools taught here can help you to become more creative, think laterally & produce more desirable solutions. Focus on 3 main models – CREATIVITY, THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX & PROBLEM SOLVING. They are designed to help you devise creative & desirable solutions to problems, spot opportunities that you might otherwise miss. Many of the techniques introduced here have been used by great thinkers to drive their creativity, innovativeness & problem solving abilities.
Creativity Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Game
Creativity Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Marshmallow Challenge 2
Think Outside The Box Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Team 2
Creativity Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Presentation
Think Outside The Box Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Group Discussion
Think Outside The Box Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Team 3
Creativity Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Marshmallow Challenge 1
Think Outside The Box Training by PEAK SUCCESS ABUNDANCE – Team 1
This program provides you with the opportunity to practice techniques taught:
- Practice creative thinking methods to generate ideas & solutions
- Transform your creativity into practical business solutions
- Turn existing problems into opportunities for growth
- Encourage out-of-the-box thinking & leverage on your creative strengths- pinpointing problems, identifying root causes & their outcomes
- Apply proven creative thinking techniques to improve systems, products & processes
- Producing, evaluating & selecting new ideas: models for analyzing options
- Practices & guidelines that create an innovative work environment
- Real-world practice: opportunity spotting/solution generating
- Select & make the best decision given the specific situation
- Practice the “challenge” technique to make improvements for greater productivity & better performance
- Harvest the results of your creative thinking in order to increase the output, spell out useful new ideas & design ways forward
All managers, executives, supervisors, all support & admin personnel, sales & marketing, customer service & front desk, PR, technical staff, engineers, production staff, QA staff – all who wants to learn to apply & maximize creativity, thinking outside the box, analytical & critical thinking as well as decision making at the workplace
1. CREATIVITY & THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX – LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
- Define creative thinking & thinking outside the box
- Getting the job done – an unlearning
- Imagination – where all the important answers live
- If you always do what you always did, you will get what you always got
- Key to spurring the imagination is to learn to think both
- fluidly – generating a quantity of ideas
- flexibly – generating unconventional ideas
Videos on Creativity & Thinking Outside The Box
2. CREATIVITY PROCESS – WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN
- Defining boundaries, framework & constraints
- Collecting data & information
- Incubation – great ways to incubate
- Thinking about issue constantly
- Eureka – when idea hits you unexpectedly
- Development & implementation
3. THE CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Exploring your own creativity
- Utilizing tools & techniques to become more creative
- Identifying elements that stimulate creativity
- Eliminating barriers to creativity & innovation
Experiential Activity: Visualization, Pictures, Music & Movement To Tap Into The Creative Right Brain
4. 14 STEPS TOWARDS STIMULATING A CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Essential ingredients of innovation & creativity
- Creating an environment in which creativity can flourish
- Giving people the freedom to create things
- Avoid groupthink
- Group Creative Thinking: to spur the imagination techniques & triggers used include – brainstorming, challenging assumptions, 5 Monkeys Syndrome, idea generating questions, combining/piggyback on ideas, connecting, associating, incubating, working with metaphors while having fun!
These 14 Steps Will Be Mastered Through A Series Of Activities, Games, Group Work & Presentation
5. CARRYING OUT THOUGHT EXPERIMENTS – PROVOCATION
You begin by making deliberately stupid statements (Provocations), in which something you take for granted about the situation is not true. Statements need to be stupid to shock your minds out of existing ways of thinking. Once you have made a provocative statement, you then suspend judgment & use that statement to generate ideas. Provocations give you original starting points for creative thinking. Reversal is to deliberately think in the opposite direction or the exact reverse of the issue at hand
Video: Blue Ocean Strategy – Reflect, Discuss, Evaluate
6. READY TO USE CREATIVE PLATFORMS: CHALLENGE ASSUMPTIONS, QUESTIONING, PROVOCATION, REVERSAL/OPPOSITE THINKING, ABSENCE THINKING, FANTASY/VISIONING, VISUALIZATION/GUIDED IMAGERY
Interesting activities to stimulate & awaken the immense creativity in you. After you have removed the barriers to creativity & understand the various creativity tools, you are ready to apply your own creativity. Here, you will work on the challenges in your own organization. Bring your work problems to the seminar so that you can produce ideas & results you can use back in your office.
Mind Power Games to Stimulate Thinking Outside The Box
7. 2 HIGH IMPACT, EXCITING & REWARDNG GAMES
Stimulate creativity & really think outside the box – fun, fast paced, revealing
Learning games specially designed to bring out the following qualities & expertise:
- Creativity, brainstorming & problem solving skills
- Lateral thinking – thinking outside the box
- Innovation & innovativeness
- Determining what the customer wants/outcome
- Presentation – persuasion & influence
Debriefing & Time Out: Lessons Learnt that Can be Applied Back at Work
8. PUT INTO PRACTICE: MASTER THESE 4 KEY TECHNIQUES WELL
Free Association – Random Word & Picture
Association involves making a mental connection between 2 objects or ideas. It involves thinking of something near, similar to or in contrast to the object or idea in question. Much of creativity is about making associations
Let your imagination run wild – an effective way to tap into the creative right brain to come up with winning ideas. This technique may provide insights into how to solve the problem as creativity is stimulated
Kicks you out of current rut to stimulate new thinking & find another view. Use it to reframe problem looking from different angles & when seeking different views to define problem.
We are good at seeing what’s there but not good at seeing what isn’t there. It forces us to do what we naturally don’t do. Use it when you are stuck & wants to do something that hasn’t been done before
9. CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING PROCESS (CPS)
- Recognition: What is it? (storing & retrieving)
- Concepts: Putting things into groups (recognizing & linking – springboard for new ideas)
- Possibilities: What could it be? (put forward a possibility when we cannot see clearly)
- Judgment: Does this match? ( operation of human thinking – matching & fitting)
- Analysis: What are the parts? (break down complicated situations into smaller sections)
- Comparison & Choice: What is different & what is the same
- Analyzing The Environment & Recognizing & Identifying A Problem Or Opportunity
- Generating Alternatives, Implementing Solutions & Controlling Results
- Incorporating CPS Techniques & Design A Way Forward
10. TECHNIQUES FOR ANALYZING ENVIRONMENT
- 4 techniques will be explored in depth
- Determining the deviation & gap
Camelot – Compare &Contrast Against Ideal
Benchmark – Compare & Contrast Against Others/No. 1 Metaphors/Analogy
SWOT Analysis – Consider From Internal & External Basis
11. INDIVIDUAL TECHNIQUES FOR GENERATING ALTERNATIVES
List all the attributes or qualities of a problem or object (or service or process or product). Then systematically analyze each attribute or group of attributes & attempt to change it in as many ways as possible
Back to the Customer
Identify the various issues that relates to your customers in terms of product, price, promotion, distribution, target market & customer experience. Write the related issues you should consider in going “back to the customer” to solve your problem. This means that you would identify issues for each of the 6 marketing mix factors related to the problem. Then identify solutions for each of these issues
SCAMPER is a checklist that helps you to think of changes you can make to an existing product to create a new one. You can use these changes either as direct suggestions or as starting points for lateral thinking.
Individual Exercise: Select Your Technique – Analysis, Evaluation & Presentation
12. GROUP TECHNIQUES FOR GENERATING ALTERNATIVES
Brainstorming Techniques – Different Points of Views
Generating many radical & useful ideas. Brainstorming is a useful & popular tool that you can use to develop highly creative solutions to a problem
Lotus Blossom Technique
Draw upon the metaphor of a lotus blossom where the central idea, problem, issue or technology – written in centre of diagram. Then brainstorm related ideas, issues, solutions, applications etc. Written in surrounding 8 cells where each of these 8 ideas become the centre of a new lotus blossom. The resulting ideas, solutions etc are discussed & evaluated
Storyboarding is creating a story on boards. You take your thoughts & those of others & spread them on a large work surface as you work on a project or attempt to solve a problem.
When you put your ideas on storyboards you begin to see inter connections – you see how one idea related to another, how all the pieces fit together.
Reframing Matrix – put yourself into the minds of different people, imagine how they might face these problems & explore possible solutions they might have
Pin Card/Gallery Method
An adaptation of brainwriting. Ideas/solution cards/problems are pinned on the wall. Team members go around with colored maker pens to write down their thoughts, share new ideas & add on to what were already written
Process Mapping – workflow diagram for clearer understanding of the process
Group Projects – Brainstorming, Discussion & Presentation
13. DEPLOYING YOUR DECISION & DECISION ANALYSIS
- Clearly expressing analysis results
- Ensuring organizational benefit
- Guaranteeing maximum buy-in
- Choosing among alternatives
- Establishing objectives
- Assigning weight to objectives in order to make the best decision
- Creating a satisfaction scale to choose between alternatives
- Analyze & create solutions to difficult situations
- Putting It All Together
3 Techniques: Cost-Benefit Analysis, Grid Analysis, 6 Thinking Hats
14. HOW TO IMPLEMENT PARALLEL THINKING? – The Six Thinking Hats Method
- white hat: information, data, facts & figures
- red hat: intuition & feelings
- black hat: cautions & downsides
- yellow hats: benefits & values
- green hat: creative ideas & alternatives
- blue hat: managing the thinking process
Simulation: 6 Hats – When, Where, What, Why, How
15. INTEGRATING YOUR SOLUTION INTO THE BUSINESS
- Constructing a blueprint for your action plan – Reinforcing your newly developed creative thinking skills
Be A Warrior In Selling Your Ideas
16. MIND MAP THE 2-DAY LESSONS WITH ALL THE STRATEGIES, TOOLS & TECHNIQUES!
Based on research findings showing that the brain works primarily with key concepts in an interrelated & integrated manner. Whereas traditional thinking opts for columns & rows, Tony Buzan (Founder & Creator of Mind Maps) that “working out” from a core idea suits the brain’s thinking pattern better. The brain also needs a way to “slot in” ideas that are relevant to the core idea.
Accelerated Learning Technique based on the 4Ps: Preparation, Presentation, Practice, Performance
To make the training effective & thought provoking yet lively & entertaining, the trainer utilizes a combination of various training methodologies including a combination of expert input plus practical sessions including:
- Instructions, Group Discussions, Presentations, Video Films & Clips,
- Brainstorming Sessions, Practical Hands On Sessions,
- Demonstrations, Role Play, Games & Activities,
- Creative Music, Visualization, Clearing Techniques,
- NLP Tools, Notes & Handouts, Group & Individual Exercises
COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL & WORKBOOK – WE GO THE EXTRA MILE!
A practical, easy to read yet thorough set of notes for the participants. It is wonderfully & carefully written with relevant & humorous pictures. The manual also include relevant checklists, workable templates, guidelines, work sheets plus step by step procedures of all the techniques, strategies & tools taught in this course. It is definitely NOT a set of notes downloaded from the internet or a series of power point slides with just a few words or 2-3 sentences. It is finalized after years of research, painstaking revisions & thorough checking for accuracies. It is content-rich but summarized for easy reading & follow through. This Is Rachel Khor’s Special Gift To The Participants As A Fantastic Takeaway After The Training.
RACHEL KHOR – Creative, Dynamic, Inspiring, Charismatic, Versatile
- Certified Master Performance Coach (ICF Approved – International Coach Federation)
- From DC Psychology International & American Institute of Business Psychology
- Certification in Colored Brain Communication
- Certification in Human Drivers & Motivation
- Certification in Dynamic Speaking
- Certification in Curriculum Development
- Certified Trainer in Emotional Quotient
- Trained with Master Cheng Hung Yeh in Truth of Emotions Through Movements, Energy Dance (Body, Mind & Soul), Language Communication
- Certified Professional Facilitator
- Certified Trainer PSMB (Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia)
- Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
She is currently the Principal Trainer & Chief Learning Strategist with Peak Success Abundance Sdn Bhd as well as an experienced entrepreneur and businesswoman.
Rachel Khor is also a Master Trainer in Emotional Intelligence & Emotional Drivers, Success Tools & Colored Brain, Creativity & Thinking Outside The Box, Problem Solving Skills, Master Your Mind, Communication, Negotiation, Peak Performance, Goal Setting, Positive Work Attitude, Leadership & Sales Warriors.
She has also undertaken training, consultancy & facilitation projects with various companies, both private and public sectors. She is a sought after Learning & Development Strategist, People Developer, Trainer, Coach & Mentor.
Her training & coaching incorporate effective evaluation methods, powerful techniques of varied disciplines and practical tools for all her learning solutions.
Driven by a passion for delivering awesomeness, she ensures she execute cutting edge learning technologies, share highly relevant knowledge, provide critical & up to date information, deliver time tested methodologies and conduct interactive sessions – all are formulated to achieve results like never before.
Her determination and speed in producing training solutions is one of the key reasons our clients and customers keep coming back to her over and over again. Her research, knowledge & experience made Rachel Khor in the front line within her profession.
She loves people development – during her high impact training sessions she is dynamic, dedicated & results driven. She utilizes Accelerated Training methodologies to inspire change and fast results. She trains with her personal brand of positivity, charisma, creativity & focus which greatly motivates her participants to achieve greater heights of achievement & accomplishment.
Participants have described her sessions as inspiring, thought provoking, energetic, highly interactive and easy to understand.
During her sessions, her ability to be neutral, non-judgmental, supporting the group and upholding its wisdom has allowed her to effectively extract participation in a magical way.
Based on the belief that every individual has a core genius and the ability to soar given the right opportunities; Rachel’s training methodology breaks limiting beliefs, overcomes obstacles & cultivates trust across cultures.
Rachel is an extremely dynamic, knowledgeable and versatile trainer who has excellent communication skills and easily develop fantastic rapport with her participants. Due to this she always receives rave reviews and excellent ratings.
She achieves this by ensuring her training is relevant, result oriented, solution based – made fresh with new ideas, strategies and techniques.
Clients From Rachel’s Inhouse & Public Training Include…
OIL & GAS
Petronas Holdings, Petronas Dagangan, Petronas Carigali, Petronas Penapisan, Petco, BP Amoco, Shell
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank Negara Malaysia, Kementerian Kewangan, Securities Commission, Ambank Unit Trust, UOB Bank, HSBC, EON Bank, Exim Bank, ADFIM, MBF Cards, Danajamin, Pan Malaysia Pools
MAA Assurance, Malaysian Reinsurance, Tokio Marine Insurans, ACE Insurance, Aneka Insurance, Malaysian Institue of Insurance
AIC Semiconductor, Agilent, Ansell, Bristol Industries, Cam Precision, Camcar Textron, Compaq, Continental Sime Tyre, Dell, Emhart Glass, Formosa Prosonic, Kotak, Infineon, Impressive Edge, Jasa Kita, Kanzen, Merck, Mimos, MRCB Bhd, Selangor Industrial Corporation, Samsung, Sara Lee, Munchy’s, Scenic Moulding Bhd, Kossan Rubber, Cameroon, LG Aluminium, Royal Selangor International, Sharp Roxy, SIRIM, Tencate, Takeuzi, Texchem, Totokiki, Toshiba, Watta Battery, Niro Ceramic, White Horse Ceramic, V Source, WPG International
PORTS, AIRPORTS, UTILITUIES & TELECOMMUNICATION
Malaysian Airport, MAS, KLAS Airport Services, Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Westport, Johor Port, TNB, Telekom, Maxis
Sunrise, SP Setia, Selangor Dredging, Worldwide Holdings, Global Bond, ERF, TPPT, IOI Group
Genting Group, Hotel Equatorial, Hotel Puteri Pacific, Eastin Hotel, Saujana Resort Genting Group
Subang Medical Centre, Ampang Puteri Hospital
ASSOCIATIONS & CLUBS
Malaysian Export Academy/Exporters Club, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM), UEM Academy, Naza Academy, Vistage Malaysia (CEOs Club)
Open University, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Malaya
Ministry of Finance, Minsitry of Health, Minsitry of Agriculture, Perancangan Bandar & Desa, DBKL, Permodalan Nasional Berhad
1. THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX – Joanne Yew, Executive, Danajamin Nasional Bhd
“Rachel is a most creative, dynamic & charismatic trainer with lots of new, fresh ideas. She has incredible rapport with us”
2. EFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT – Azizi Bin Doraman, Supervisor, Petronas Chemicals Marketing Labuan
“Rachel clearly demonstrate the techniques & how the results can be achieved. I will definitely practice her techniques once back at the office”
3. INTERPERSONAL & PEOPLE SKILLS – Widyawati Mohd Nor, Executive, Fibrecomm Network (M) Sdn Bhd
“This training has helped me tremendously on a personal & professional capacity. What respect about Rachel is her caring attitude where she takes the time & trouble to stay back after the seminar to advise & provide further guidance”
4. 10 KEY TOOLS FOR WORK SUCCESS – Siti Kasmah, Executive Secretary, Sarawak Shell Berhad
“What I learn the most is how you adjust yourself & get along with people. Highly recommended!. Worth to share. Be positive – all the good things will be on your side”
5. EQ AT THE WORKPLACE – Mohammad Zaki Bin Musa, Supervisor, Petco Trading Labuan Company Ltd
“What I like about Rachel is her ability to make a complicated concept or techniques so easy to understand & follow. She mixes no nonsense pragmatic & practical ideas & tools with creative & mind power techniques. This is simply awesome!”
6. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Oon Gaik Chiou, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Rachel is a great trainer. I’m grateful for her sharing, training & guidance. If I’m given another opportunity to attend her training again, I would love to”
7. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Ting Wei Ing, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Excellent & fantastic trainer! Shared her real life experiences with us. Taught us practically & relate to our jobs. Very professional. Well Done!”
8. CREATIVITY, LATERAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS – Amir Rashid, Training Manager/Norashikin Idris, Training Executive, KLAS Airport Services
“Rachel conducted 2 inhouse workshops on the above topic. The participants gave her excellent rating. They found her training useful, practical, interactive & easy to understand”