Just by improving the quality of your communication alone, you would have improve the quality of your life
Say what you mean – it is that simple. Yet often what we are communicating get lost in translation, misunderstood or misinterpreted. We say one thing, the other person perceives or interpret it as something totally different resulting in misunderstandings, frustration and conflicts. Fortunately, you can train how to communicate with greater clarity, precision and effectiveness. Once you have mastered the skills of effective communication, you will be able to connect better with others, improve relationships with people around you, build trust and respect and feel heard and understood.
What Is Effective Communication?
Communication is not just about exchanging information. It’s about understanding the emotion and intentions behind the information. Effective communication is also a two-way street. It’s not only how you convey a message so that it is received and understood by someone in exactly the way you intended, it’s also how you listen to gain the full meaning of what’s being said and to make the other person feel heard and understood.
So, effective communication is certainly more than just the words you use and it can be trained. It combines a set of skills including nonverbal communication, active listening, managing stress in the moment, assertiveness, the ability to recognize and understand your own emotions and those of the person you’re communicating with.
Effective communication is the critical link that binds your connections to others, improve relationships, shapes teamwork, ensures group decision making and problem solving. It enables you to communicate even negative or difficult messages without creating conflict or destroying trust.
Effective communication can readily be learned. Naturally it takes time and effort to develop these skills. However the more effort and practice you put in, the more instinctive and spontaneous your communication skills will become. Just imagine how well you can communicate in Malaysia or in any part of the world with the learned skills.
How Can I Be More Interesting ?
It’s not what you say but HOW you say it. Be vibrant. Have a passion in your voice.
4 Principles Of Effective Interpersonal Communication & Relating
• Maintain & enhance self esteem
• Listen & respond with empathy
• Ask for help & encourage involvement
• Seek first to understand before being understood
Tips to Effective Communication
• Keep communication links direct
• Use the appropriate medium
• Shut up & listen!
• Relate your message to other’s interest
• Match words with actions – do what you say !
• Talk on the same level as an equal
• Allow no interruptions/distractions.
Give full & prompt attention
• Resolve heightened emotions, tension, friction & laziness first
• Do not assume that the receiver has completely understood what was being said
• Ask questions & give feedback
• Confuse facts with emotions, sentiments & opinions
• No gobbledygook : over use of technical jargon
• Not too many ideas in one message
• Open attitude to communication : enthusiastic
• Relate & talk to all people at all levels as equals
• Remember names
• Give compliments & is always courteous
• Stay on the subject
• Eliminate communication barriers
• Always use positive language & words
• Use positive verbal cues …. Hmm, I See, Aha, And Then , Really ?
Be Aware When Communication Breaks Down
1. Lack of trust
2. Coming from different perspective
3. Selective perception
4. Has a set agenda
5. Has no intention of listening
6. Wants to instruct & order around
7. Makes no time
8. Has a pre determine solution
9. Critiquing, labeling, judging
10. Over diagnosing
11. Avoiding others’ concerns
13. Logical argument
16. Excessive advising
The in depth training course for this topic is available for in-house and public training. Send us an enquiry to further know about the available programs.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLS CONTACT US AT
Email: [email protected]/[email protected]
YouTube: Rachel Khor
Principal Trainer, Peak Success Abundance Sdn Bhd
From Directive Communication International & American Institute of Business Psychology:
– Certification in Colored Brain Communication
– Certification in Human Drive & Motivation
– Certification in Dynamic Speaking
– Certification in Curriculum Development
– PSMB Certified Trainer
– Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
– Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical
– 18 years corporate training experience