Raising Your Emotional Intelligence In Your Workplace
PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS & EMPOWERMENT
LEARNING VALUABLE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EI) SKILLS FOR SUCCESS AT WORK
This emotional intelligence training course has the highest demand among our clients. Organisations of all sizes are increasingly recognising the key role that ‘Emotional Intelligence’ (EQ) has in the effectiveness of the organisation at all levels. Managers & team leaders are required to fulfil a much broader role – not just to have technical or specialist expertise but also to have a range of personal attributes & abilities. Leaders need to effectively develop their people, team members need to be able to co-operate & to work effectively with their colleagues & managers; front-line staff need to be able to deal professionally with difficult/stressful situations with customers & suppliers.
Our runaway emotions can & do influence the way we react in the workplace on a daily basis. Having a higher level of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) means having the ability to recognize your behaviours, moods, impulses & manage them in a positive way. So instead of over-reacting & over-compensating when things don’t go as planned, you are much better equipped to understand the effects your emotions are having on you at any given moment.
Emotional intelligence is a skill. Like any other skill, you can get better at it with training & practice. It allows you to read the personality style of individuals & adjust your communications accordingly without being controlled by your underlying emotions. With lucrative emotional intelligence training skills, an organisation efficiency skyrockets.
This 2-days training course is useful for anyone who leads or works with other people daily. This course focuses on the 5 core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy, and it also includes a review of your interpersonal skills. It also focuses on your 8 core Emotional Drivers – why you behave & do the things you do.. This is a high quality HRDF training course.
With this emotional intelligence training course, you will learn to develop & implement these competencies to enhance your relationships in work by increasing your understanding of social & emotional behaviors, learning how to adapt & manage your responses to particular situations. This emotional intelligence training course teaches you how to build stronger relationships, how to empathize with others, how to manage your stress levels, how to overcome challenging situations, how to diffuse personal conflicts & much more.
1. UNDERSTANDING & EVALUATING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EI)
- EI vs IQ – what? when? where? why? how?
- 4 Dimensions of EI Model – Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness & Relationship Management
- How high EI leads to peak performance & increased work effectiveness
Awareness & Self Evaluation Exercise: Determination Of Your Emotional Quotient
2. SELF AWARENESS – NAMING THAT FEELING
- Identify & understand personal moods, emotional patterns/meanings, hidden emotional triggers & drives
- Understand where emotion comes from & what it does to your body
- Every emotion is a call for some sort of action or change
- Learn how to make the necessary changes – perception, communication style, behavior, expectation and/or approach/procedure
- How to move any work situation forward by engaging your emotions intentionally
- How different emotions may lead to alternative behavioral choices & end results
Role Play: Emotional Cards Game
Group Discussion & Presentation: ‘What’s the Message of 10 Common Emotions Experienced on Regular Basis?’
NLP Technique: Parts Integration, SWISH, Association & Dissociation
Sharing Session in Group: Lessons & Outcomes From the Game & Activity
3. REALISTIC SELF ASSESSMENT
- Ensure you have purpose, direction & goals
- Setting the coordinates for your intention
- Assessing your 8 emotional drivers
- Achieving self confidence & self actualization
- Learning to be adaptable, proactive & flexible
- Master the art of problem solving
Individual Exercise: Identifying Your 8 Emotional Drivers
Personal Activity: Affirmation & Visualization To Add Power To Corporate Goals
Practice Session: Self Confidence Technique
Group Activity: Flexibility & Problem Solving
4. SELF REGULATION – NAVIGATING YOUR EMOTIONS
- Ability to control or redirect disruptive impulses & moods
- Integrity & trustworthiness
- Come to terms with the key messages of your emotions
- The ‘EQ brain’ & how it works
- Find your self-control… take back your Amygdala
- Manage moods, reactions & learn to ‘snap out of it’ at work
- Powerful tips on using coping thoughts & finding your self control
Practice Session: Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
Releasing Suppressed Emotions: Voice & Movement
5. APPLY CONSEQUENTIAL THINKING
- Evaluating the costs & benefits of your choices
- Pause & evaluate both the pragmatic & emotional components of the situation
- Personal responsibility & our unique gift – the CHOICE to select from available options
- PAC – pause, acknowledge your thoughts & feelings, clear your mind
Think, Feel Act Cards Game: ‘What’s the Cost & Benefits of Your Choices?’
Simple Meditation Technique
6. EMOTIONAL BREAKTHROUGH
- Using your voice & a deliberate set of physical movements/exercises to release suppressed, negative emotions
- Powerful, effective & providing psychological relief
Practice Session: High Impact & Interactive
7. EXERCISING OPTIMISM & SELF MOTIVATION
- Pursuing goals with energy, perseverance & organizational commitment
- Persevering in the face of adversity with a strong drive to achieve
- Eliminating stress – enter your inner world
- Changing your emotional state – fast & effective
- Appreciate & love yourself – give yourself praise & celebrate successes
Group Exercise: Changing Physiology & Redirecting Focus
NLP Technique: Anchoring Your Wins At Work
Dyad Activity: Gratitude Game; Creative Music; Self Talk Therapy
8. DEVELOP SOCIAL AWARENESS & SOCIAL SKILLS AT WORK
- Organizational awareness – relating & working well with people
- Learn about insight analysis
- Ability to find common ground & building rapport
- Recognizing & responding to others’ emotions
- Guidelines to develop empathy & insight analysis – how it matters in your life
NLP Technique: Rapport Building
Group Activity: Relationships & Interpersonal Skills
9. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SKILLS
- Empathy ability to understand the emotional make up of others
- Developing influence & the art of persuasiveness
- Key strategies in conflict management
- Collaborating with an effective team
Role Play: Perceptual Positioning
Video Clip & Activity on Change
Team Game: influence & Persuasiveness
Team Project: F1 Race
10. EMOTIONAL EVOLUTION … ASCENDING HERO
- How to identify your true identity
- Your Super Hero vs Super Villain Image
- Harness on your positive beliefs & values
- Eliminate your greatest fears
- The ideal you & the magical mantra
- Your role models
Phenomenal Feel Good Activity: Discover Your Ideal Core Identity
Closed Eyed Session: Future Pacing & Feeling Awesome!
Emotional intelligence training course Malaysia has our expert input including relevant role plays, activities, EQ games, affirmations, visualization/closed eyed session, Mind Frame technique, EFT, NLP techniques, thought provoking case study, validation exercises, relaxation/deep breathing, alpha music, Color Brain Cards, including:
Self-Development Exercises – Introducing & practicing a range of specific exercises to enhance each key area of emotional intelligence
Applying The Skills & Techniques – Considering a range of typical situations in which enhanced emotional intelligence will positively influence the outcomes for all involved. This can include use of scenarios, simulations & role-play exercises as required.
Personal Development Planning – Identifying continuing personal development needs & extending learning into the workplace through a detailed action plan.
COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL & WORKBOOK – WE GO THE EXTRA MILE!
A practical, easy to read yet thorough set of notes for the participants. This soft skill training course material is wonderfully & carefully written with relevant & humorous pictures. The manual also include relevant checklists, workable templates, guidelines, work sheets plus step by step procedures of all the techniques, strategies & tools taught in this course. It is definitely NOT a set of notes downloaded from the internet or a series of power point slides with just a few words or 2-3 sentences. It is finalized after years of research, painstaking revisions & thorough checking for accuracies. It is content-rich but summarized for easy reading & follow through. This Is Rachel Khor’s Special Gift To The Participants As A Fantastic Takeaway After The Training.
RACHEL KHOR – Creative, Dynamic, Inspiring, Charismatic, Versatile
- Certified Master Performance Coach (ICF Approved – International Coach Federation)
- From DC Psychology International & American Institute of Business Psychology
- Certification in Colored Brain Communication
- Certification in Human Drivers & Motivation
- Certification in Dynamic Speaking
- Certification in Curriculum Development
- Certified Trainer in Emotional Quotient
- Trained with Master Cheng Hung Yeh in Truth of Emotions Through Movements, Energy Dance (Body, Mind & Soul), Language Communication
- Certified Professional Facilitator
- Certified Trainer PSMB (Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia)
- Certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certification in Hypnotherapy from London College of Clinical Hypnosis (LCCH)
She is currently the Principal Trainer & Chief Learning Strategist with Peak Success Abundance Sdn Bhd as well as an experienced entrepreneur and businesswoman.
Rachel Khor is also a Master Trainer in Emotional Intelligence & Emotional Drivers, Success Tools & Colored Brain, Creativity & Thinking Outside The Box, Problem Solving Skills, Master Your Mind, Communication, Negotiation, Peak Performance, Goal Setting, Positive Work Attitude, Leadership & Sales Warriors. She also a very motivated soft skills training course provider.
She has also undertaken training, consultancy & facilitation projects with various companies, both private and public sectors. She is a sought after Learning & Development Strategist, People Developer, Trainer, Coach & Mentor.
Her training & coaching incorporate effective evaluation methods, powerful techniques of varied disciplines and practical tools for all her learning solutions. This emotional intelligence training course has been devised specially to make high impact in individuals and bring a change in trainee’s persona.
Driven by a passion for delivering awesomeness, she ensures she execute cutting edge learning technologies, share highly relevant knowledge, provide critical & up to date information, deliver time tested methodologies and conduct interactive sessions – all are formulated to achieve results like never before. She is the highly sought expert of soft skills training course.
Her determination and speed in producing training solutions is one of the key reasons our clients and customers keep coming back to her over and over again. Her research, knowledge & experience made Rachel Khor in the front line within her profession and soft skill training.
She loves people development – during her high impact training sessions she is dynamic, dedicated & results driven. She utilizes Accelerated Training methodologies to inspire change and fast results. She trains with her personal brand of positivity, charisma, creativity & focus which greatly motivates her participants to achieve greater heights of achievement & accomplishment.
Participants have described her training sessions as inspiring, thought provoking, energetic, highly interactive and easy to understand. Her view and understanding on the emotional intelligence training course is vastly huge as she is the expert in it.
During her sessions, her ability to be neutral, non-judgmental, supporting the group and upholding its wisdom has allowed her to effectively extract participation in a magical way.
Based on the belief that every individual has a core genius and the ability to soar given the right opportunities; Rachel’s training methodology breaks limiting beliefs, overcomes obstacles & cultivates trust across cultures. She ensures to deliver the best motivation training course Malaysia.
She achieves this by ensuring her training is relevant, result oriented, solution based – made fresh with new ideas, strategies and techniques.
Clients From Rachel’s In-house & Public Training Include…
OIL & GAS
Petronas Holdings, Petronas Dagangan, Petronas Carigali, Petronas Penapisan, Petco, BP Amoco, Shell
BANKING & FINANCE
Bank Negara Malaysia, Kementerian Kewangan, Securities Commission, Ambank Unit Trust, UOB Bank, HSBC, EON Bank, Exim Bank, ADFIM, MBF Cards, Danajamin, Pan Malaysia Pools
MAA Assurance, Malaysian Reinsurance, Tokio Marine Insurans, ACE Insurance, Aneka Insurance, Malaysian Institue of Insurance
AIC Semiconductor, Agilent, Ansell, Bristol Industries, Cam Precision, Camcar Textron, Compaq, Continental Sime Tyre, Dell, Emhart Glass, Formosa Prosonic, Kotak, Infineon, Impressive Edge, Jasa Kita, Kanzen, Merck, Mimos, MRCB Bhd, Selangor Industrial Corporation, Samsung, Sara Lee, Munchy’s, Scenic Moulding Bhd, Kossan Rubber, Cameroon, LG Aluminium, Royal Selangor International, Sharp Roxy, SIRIM, Tencate, Takeuzi, Texchem, Totokiki, Toshiba, Watta Battery, Niro Ceramic, White Horse Ceramic, V Source, WPG International
PORTS, AIRPORTS, UTILITUIES & TELECOMMUNICATION
Malaysian Airport, MAS, KLAS Airport Services, Port of Tanjung Pelepas, Westport, Johor Port, TNB, Telekom, Maxis
Sunrise, SP Setia, Selangor Dredging, Worldwide Holdings, Global Bond, ERF, TPPT, IOI Group
Genting Group, Hotel Equatorial, Hotel Puteri Pacific, Eastin Hotel, Saujana Resort Genting Group
Subang Medical Centre, Ampang Puteri Hospital
ASSOCIATIONS & CLUBS
Malaysian Export Academy/Exporters Club, Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM), UEM Academy, Naza Academy, Vistage Malaysia (CEOs Club)
Open University, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Universiti Malaya
Ministry of Finance, Minsitry of Health, Minsitry of Agriculture, Perancangan Bandar & Desa, DBKL, Permodalan Nasional Berhad
All the clients praises her for her high energy and the capability to deliver the best quality of soft skills training course in Malaysia.
1. THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX – Joanne Yew, Executive, Danajamin Nasional Bhd
“Rachel is a most creative, dynamic & charismatic trainer with lots of new, fresh ideas. She has incredible rapport with us”
2. EFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT – Azizi Bin Doraman, Supervisor, Petronas Chemicals Marketing Labuan
“Rachel clearly demonstrate the techniques & how the results can be achieved. I will definitely practice her techniques once back at the office”
3. INTERPERSONAL & PEOPLE SKILLS – Widyawati Mohd Nor, Executive, Fibrecomm Network (M) Sdn Bhd
“This training has helped me tremendously on a personal & professional capacity. What respect about Rachel is her caring attitude where she takes the time & trouble to stay back after the seminar to advise & provide further guidance”
4. 10 KEY TOOLS FOR WORK SUCCESS – Siti Kasmah, Executive Secretary, Sarawak Shell Berhad
“What I learn the most is how you adjust yourself & get along with people. Highly recommended!. Worth to share. Be positive – all the good things will be on your side”
5. EQ AT THE WORKPLACE – Mohammad Zaki Bin Musa, Supervisor, Petco Trading Labuan Company Ltd
“What I like about Rachel is her ability to make a complicated concept or techniques so easy to understand & follow. She mixes no nonsense pragmatic & practical ideas & tools with creative & mind power techniques. This is simply awesome!”
6. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Oon Gaik Chiou, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Rachel is a great trainer. I’m grateful for her sharing, training & guidance. If I’m given another opportunity to attend her training again, I would love to”
7. PEAK PERFORMANCE & SUCCESS SKILLS – Ting Wei Ing, Bank Officer, UOB Bank Penang
“Excellent & fantastic trainer! Shared her real life experiences with us. Taught us practically & relate to our jobs. Very professional. Well Done!”
8. CREATIVITY, LATERAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS – Amir Rashid, Training Manager/Norashikin Idris, Training Executive, KLAS Airport Services
“Rachel conducted 2 inhouse workshops on the above topic. The participants gave her excellent rating. They found her training useful, practical, interactive & easy to understand”